Wednesday, June 2, 2010

An Introduction To My Audience/Voice Piece

I choose my family traditions blog post as an exemplary example of audience and voice. I felt like a story teller as I wrote this essay. It was my goal that anyone reading it could imagine a close knit family sitting around a wood stove with the family bible nestled in the mothers lap. For example "When the matriarch is finished she drags a chair over along with the worn family Bible, we sit quietly in the familiar warmth as she reads a chapter or two." Or picturing the happy scene at the supper table, "If we turn our backs dad is sneaking a bite or two off of our plates. The table is full of conversation and laughter."

All in all it was my goal to not just remember special times with my family but to bring to the readers mind similar joyful experiences they had growing up. This post was rewritten three times before I felt comfortable enough to place where the entire world could view. I expanded my writing skills by having others read it and give feedback. I learned how to draw a readers' attention throughout the entire essay

No comments:

Post a Comment